Welcome to the third installment of our #FoodieFriday series! Are you finding yourself cooking more in the time of Coronavirus and social distancing? You aren’t alone! We asked our au pairs to share their favorite recipes to help inspire your next kitchen adventure. Each week, we will share a delicious recipe from around the world. Don’t miss this week’s culinary destination – China!
Chinese Coke Chicken Recipe
- 6 chicken wings
- 1 can of Coke
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of oil
- (Optional) Green onion for garnish
- Rinse and clean the chicken wings.
- Put chicken wings onto a large plate.
- Open coke and add half onto the plate. Let it soak with chicken wings for 40 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of oil into pan. Wait until oil is heated.
- Add wings into pan.
- Fry wings on high heat until both sides are golden brown..
- Add the remaining half can of Coke and 1 cup of soy sauce into the pan and bring to a boil with wings.
- Cook another 20 minutes over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Add green onion before serving for flavor and presentation.
There you have it — Coke Chicken from China! Be sure to check back next week for our next installment of #FoodieFriday and discover more recipes from our au pairs!
Is your family interested in learning more about international cultures with an engaging au pair? Learn more about the cultural benefits of hosting an au pair!
Source: of america