Welcome to the first installment of our #FoodieFriday series! Are you finding yourself cooking more in the time of Coronavirus and social distancing? You aren’t alone! We asked our au pairs to share their favorite recipes to help inspire your next kitchen adventure. Every week, we will share a delicious recipe from around the world. First stop – a recipe from Austria!
Café Maria Theresa: Recipe from Austria
- 1 tsp (4 g) sugar
- 2 T (30 ml) orange liqueur (Grand Marnier or Cointreau)*
- 6 oz (177 ml) freshly brewed coffee
- 1 T (7 g) whipped cream
- ½ tsp (1.5 g) orange zest
- 1 tsp (2 g) chocolate shavings
*Orange syrup can be substituted for liqueur for a non-alcoholic version.
- Combine liqueur and sugar in a pre-heated serving cup.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and add coffee.
- Top with whipped cream, and add garnish
And there you have it — a delicious Café Maria Theresa! Check back next week for our next installment of #FoodieFriday and discover more recipes from our au pairs!
Is your family interested in learning more about international cultures with an engaging au pair? Learn more about the cultural benefits of hosting an au pair!
The post It’s #FoodieFriday! Make Café Maria Theresa from Austria appeared first on Kid Notes: The Au Pair in America Blog.
Source: of america
Be First to Comment