Welcome to the next installment of our #FoodieFriday series! Are you finding yourself cooking more in the time of Coronavirus and social distancing? You aren’t alone! We asked our au pairs to share their favorite recipes to help inspire your next kitchen adventure. Each week, we will share a delicious recipe from around the world. Join us this week and learn how to make Spanish shrimp and rice with this recipe from one of our au pairs!
Spanish Shrimp and Rice Recipe:
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- 1 small carrot (diced)
- ½ red pepper (diced)
- 1 lb. of shrimp
- 1 ½ cup converted rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ cup peas
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, turmeric and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato, carrot, and bell pepper and cook until tender.
- Add ¾ teaspoon of salt and pepper and shrimp. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of water, rice, ½ tablespoon of parsley and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium low, and cover skillet for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add remaining parsley and ½ peas and cover skillet for 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice and serve.
And there you have it — traditional Spanish shrimp and rice! Check back next week for our next installment of #FoodieFriday and discover more recipes from our au pairs.
Is your family interested in learning more about international cultures with an engaging au pair? Learn more about the cultural benefits of hosting an au pair!
The post It’s #FoodieFriday! Spanish Shrimp and Rice Recipe appeared first on Kid Notes: The Au Pair in America Blog.
Source: of america